5 tips for a successful sales pitch
Linda Low, Manager, Strategic Partnership & Product Marketing at MICE firm Pacific World, shares her tips on sealing the deal with a potential client.
1. Good understanding of the client is crucial to a successful sales pitch. Do research on the client to understand their company background and objectives of the event to ensure that your proposal aligns with their needs.
2. Keep constant communication with the client during the pitch. Always provide solutions to questions, as opposed to asking questions without offering any solutions.
3. Never use a generic sales proposal. Every proposal should be tailored to the needs of the client and objectives of the event.
4. Never go into a meeting under-prepared. Be ready to address potential objections such as budget and time constraints that may come up from client. Be prepared to discuss and offer solutions that add value to the client.
5. Be proactive in following up after each meeting. Failing to do this could result in the relationship with the client ending before the sales pitch process is completed.